I am calling this Modavia Fresh Tomato Soup because I made it while watching a show during Modavia Fashion Week. It was super easy to make. I tossed a tablespoon of oil in a saucepan with some a half an onion and a clove of garlic, chopped. After the onion softened, I added three tomatoes cut in big chunks and 1 cup of water. When they broke down, I added 1 cup of fresh basil, chopped, and put a lid on for 15 minutes. I tossed it in my Magic Bullet and pureed. It made one bowl of soup.
The Fennel Slaw recipe is from Jeff Mauro’s Sandwich King show on Food Networkm except he included parsley which I left out. I don’t much like parsley.
- 1 1/2 cups red cabbage, sliced thin
- 1 medium bulb fennel, trimmed and thinly sliced, save fronds for garnish
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from about 1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Pingback: Center Cut Pork Chop with Savory Cherry Sauce, Fennel & Red Cabbage Slaw and Watermelon Salad « Single Servings