A bold and fresh-tastic salad for summer made with the tasty vegetables and fruit from Imperfect Produce.
- 1/3 of a cucumber, quartered, seeds removed, and sliced
- 1 grapefruit, supremed. (Cut away peeling, and slice the segments into wedges.) Cut over the bowl, squeeze out all the juice you can into the bowl to dress the salad.
- 1/2 small fennel bulb, sliced thinly on a mandoline.
- 3 asparagus spears, sliced thinly using a vegetable peeler
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- Handful of Roast Almonds
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 tsp of maple syrup and 2 tsp of seasoned rice vinegar
I just made this right in the bowl. Mixing things together as I cut them. I blended the maple syrup and vinegar before adding it to the salad and stirring it all in.
The bit of syrup is the perfect complement to the grapefruit. The salad is fresh, vibrant, and full of flavor. Fennel is a flexible vegetable that really needs to be used far more often. Makes one salad entree.