I chopped up 5 almonds and put them on a dry skillet to toast.
Into a large salad bowl, I added the following ingredients:
- 4 leaves from a head of butter lettuce, washed and tore into medium size pieces.
- Thinly sliced pieces of cucumber off one end of a cuke, about 1.5 inches of slices.
- 2 TBSP of diced red pepper.
- 1/4 of Anjou pear, cut one into pieces.
- 2 oz of cold chicken, sliced.
- 3 leaves of fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 oz of crumbled feta cheese
- 1 TBSP or so of dried cranberries
I mixed together and squeezed a bit of fresh lemon on top, added 1 tsp of olived oil, a bit of fresh ground pepper, salt and then tossed the toasted almonds on top.
It’s a fabulous blend of fresh lettuce and cucumber, tart lemon, cranberries and basil with sweet pear and red pepper, sharp feta, hearty chicken and of course, the high notes of toasted almonds to bring it all home.